So far, I think the product is really promising, and I'm confident I'll be purchasing it. However, a few things that come up for me right away are:
1. Large shapefiles are problematic. I have a roads layer with ~150k entries, and it's essentially unusable - importing or redrawing takes minutes.
2. It seems difficult to create an auto-label for all features. I realize I can add a text field with %%attr in the style definition, but that seems to behave differently than a label...
2a. Option to rotate labels without detaching them.
3. Undo doesn't always work -- For instance, I did accidentally did a 'convert to path' on an imported object, and it won't go back, even though "Undo convert to path' appears in the edit menu. In fact, Undo seems to have stopped working entirely now.
4. Seemingly no support for GeoTIFF (or TIFFs with a world file). Makes loading geo-referenced imagery really hard.
5. Ability to Lock an object/layer's *location*, but not the other attributes like styles or labels. In fact, I would suggest that this should be default state for imported shapefiles.
6. Attribute filtering for imported shapefiles (i.e. ability to display/import only certain features).
And I guess, I'll ask for some sky pie:
7. Import directly from PostGIS.